Position requires management and supervision experience to run the day-to-day operations of the apartment community. The manager ensures that the community performs at the highest level to achieve company goals. The manager must be able to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, initiate appropriate course of action as well as effectively convey ideas, images and goals to diverse group of personalities.
Either directly, or under the supervision of the Vice President of Property Management, the duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Understand the financial goals of the property, strive to meet those goals and maintain the property’s assets.
- Develop and manage the annual budget.
- Hire staff, train, motivate, develop and manage the performance of onsite team.
- Maintain a strong relationship with residents, ensuring they are served well and satisfied with the community.
- Marketing the community effectively through various agencies, community outreach and target markets.
- Responsible for securing competent contractors.
- Work with the Director of Compliance to ensure qualifications of applicants and current residents.
- Responsible for resident relations and enforcement of community rules and regulations.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- At least one year of property management experience.
- One year of Section 42, Section 8 or other Government Housing Program experience.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and management skills.
- Professionalism and respect while dealing with community residents and site staff.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong attention to detail and organized.
- Flexible and able to shift priorities when needed.