Position requires the Lead Maintenance Technician to oversee the operations of the community. Under the direction of the Community Manager, the Lead Maintenance Technician ensures that the community performs at the highest level to quickly assess and respond to resident needs. This role requires the ability to work independently as well as part of the team.
Either directly, or under the supervision of the Community Manager, the duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Make recommendations to Community Manager in reference to any major improvements and outside contractual work needed.
- Help in preparing budgets and operating within community budget.
- Performing, maintaining and documentation of quarterly preventative maintenance program.
- Work with the Community Manager in categorizing and prioritizing service requests to complete within 24 hours as well as respond to any and all after hour maintenance emergencies in a timely manner.
- Inspection of all move-outs to determine damages and work to be performed by staff and contractors to restore and make-ready for rental.
- Accept responsibility for all maintenance equipment, supplies and tools purchased by the apartment community.
- Ensure maintenance costs are within community budget.
- Maintain an inventory control of all maintenance supplies and parts including appliances, equipment, furniture and blinds.
- Provide own tools and transportation.
- Supervise contractors working on site.
- Maintain grounds and common areas of the community.
- Assist Community Manager in obtaining bids for contract work.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Strong communication and management skills.
- Professionalism and respect while dealing with community residents and site staff.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong attention to detail and organized.
- Flexible and able to shift priorities when needed.
- Prior Maintenance experience including HVAC.